CALL FOR STUDENT VOLUNTEERS
Becoming an IMX student volunteer (SV) provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the organization of an international conference as well as to interact closely with IMX contributors, attendees, and your peers from around the world. As SV, you will get a full conference pass providing you with access to all the paper sessions, workshops, demos, and social events. However, travel, accommodation and subsistence (outside of meals provided as part of the conference program) are not part of the SV benefits. As SV, you will be expected to contribute to around 10-15 hours of voluntary work during the conference.
The application opens on 6th April 2020 and will close on 30th April.
To register as a Student Volunteer at IMX 2020, you must be enrolled as an undergraduate, masters, or doctoral student between January and May in 2020 (e.g., Spring 2020). Students who are graduating at the time of the conference are also eligible to apply. IMX 2020 will be held in Barcelona, Spain. If you require travel visas, please note that it is your responsibility, and you may need to request a visa support letter from ACM. No prior experience is required to apply, but we are looking for people who are friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable.
As SV, you will be expected to:
- Contribute to around 10-15 hours of volunteer work during the three days of the conference
- Be punctual and show up on time to your assigned tasks
- Attend an orientation social event on the evening of the 17th June
- Wear the IMX t-shirt when you are on duty, so attendees can easily identify you as a SV.
- Be positive, friendly, enthusiastic and helpful.