Call for Student Volunteers
- Application Opens: March 4th, 2024
- Deadline to apply to be a Volunteer: April 2nd, 2024
- Applicants will be informed of their acceptance or waitlist status: April 9th, 2024
- Orientation: June 11th, 2024
- Conference: June 12th – 14th, 2024
Becoming an IMX Student Volunteer (SV) provides a unique opportunity to contribute to the organization of an international conference as well as to interact closely with IMX contributors, attendees, and your peers from around the world. As SV, you will get a full student conference registration pass providing you with access to all the paper sessions, workshops, demos, meals, and social events; but this registration cannot cover papers to be published in ACM DL.
You can also apply for Gary Marsden Travel Awards (GMTA) https://imx.acm.org/2024/equity/diversity-inclusion-and-student-grants/ for travel and other expenses for IMX. SVs are expected to contribute around 8-12 hours of voluntary work during the conference.
How To Apply
Application to become a volunteer will open on March 4th, 2024.
To register as a Student Volunteer at IMX 2024, you must be enrolled as an undergraduate, masters, or doctoral student between January and May in 2024 (i.e., Spring 2024). Students who are graduating at the time of the conference are also eligible to apply. IMX 2024 will be held in the Department of Computer and Systems Sciences at Stockholm University, in Sweden, from 12th to 14th of June. No prior experience is required to apply: we are looking for people who are friendly, enthusiastic, and reliable.
SVs volunteering will include duties such as basic tech support, discussion monitoring, and helping keep sessions on schedule. As no prior experience is required, training and information will be provided during orientation. Orientation will take place on 11th June, the day before the conference starts. Additional information on orientation to be posted when the application opens.
As a Student Volunteer, you will be expected to:
1. Attend orientation meeting
2. Contribute around 8-12 hours of volunteer work during the three days of the conference.
3. Be punctual and show up on time to your assigned tasks.
4. Be positive, friendly, enthusiastic and helpful.